Saturday 29 November 2008

A Tiny Horror Rant

Over the course of my 27 years in existence I have come to appreciate the artform of the horror film and simply put it is the basis for my art and all of my creations to date, right through from the classic zombie films like day of the dead and evil dead it has inspired me no end to create and draw through the creative expression that this film genre translates.

Even such low budget horror films like bad taste and braindead are such cult classics I simply have to watch them now and again to marvel at their gore and creative inventiveness and plus they make me laugh, also I feel without this film genre in existence I dont think it possible that many other films to date would have been made, for instance if sam raimi hadn't gotten the first evil dead off the ground would he have gone on to direct the spiderman films, I think not somehow, or if peter jackson hadn't manged to turn in roast of the day(bad taste) or dead alive(braindead) on time or just lost interest completely, lord of the rings wouldn't be such a phenomenon it is today and his king kong remake would still be sitting in development hell for many more years to come never seeing the light of day.

What my main point is is that people have to start somewhere even if the odds are stacked against them, I'm writing this blog because I'm slowly trying to beat the odds against me and believe that exposing ones self(if you pardon the phrase) with an ability of some kind and show it to the general public, then you may get somewere in life and it's such a short life and miserable things happen to decent people and most bad people usually get rewarded for there bad deeds, it's a turd state of the world some days, but ignoring these days and focusing on something positive in life, like some kind of ambition is the best you could do and plus I just love horror films

Anyway I'll have a review next.

No comments:

Post a Comment